Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet CP1525n color
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Dear HP support community,

Before, I have CP1525 driver in my PC, until I accidentally uninstall it. Then I try to reinstall the driver. But every time I run the Installer, the proccess ends up with unistalling residual driver file and then ask me to reboot my PC. After rebooting, I rerun the Installer and also ends up with the same issue. The installer keeps asking me to uninstall the residual file. 

Then, I manually  delete some residual files (permanently delete from Program File, Program File x86, AppData, etc). I also permanently delete every single file contains "HP" in it using regedit.exe tools.

After all those efforts, I rerun the installer and still stuck in the same issue.

Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks

P.S. This how the issue looks like

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

try downloading the basic drivers for the printer, not the full software solution.  You might be able to just extract the basic drivers onto your computer after downloading and then go through the add device/printer option in the settings/control panel.  follow the prompts and it should auto find the new drivers you downloaded.  i'd wager you're tring to install using the installer.exe that comes w/ the full driver solution?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your respone,

I've doen it before mate. The driver that I installed before is the basic version (~30 MB) . Then I accidentally uninstalled it and tried to bring it back using the same driver. For it stuck in my current issue, I tried to reinstall using the full solution ver (~133 MB) but still stuck instead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.