Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Last week we got new computers at our office.  All the computers that are Windows 10 no longer work with the Laserjet P2055d printers.  It keeps giving me the error 49 err 3D910C9. Have tried searching for this error code and can't find anything on it anywhere. Have tried making sure the drivers and firmware are up to date. Have completely uninstalled and reinstalled everything, but have had no success.  I'm completely at a loss.  How do I make it work?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just spoke with HP support directly and they informed me that even though  it says the HP2055s are Window's 10 compatible, they really aren't. There are some 'work-around' solutions that might work for a time, but they wont be consistant and the more updates that are done, the less of chance you have of them working at all. We ended up just buying a new printer. It's unfortunate, but probably needed to be done anyway.

Thanks for your assistance all.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
49 errors are often caused by job so are you making sure the print queue is cleared before making any other changes?

I would try the HP Universal print driver pcl5.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

The print queue was completely clear, and the suggested driver was the first one we tried.

HP Recommended

Hi EPotter,

I saw the same problem and it was printing fine now (HP Laserjet P2055d via USB cable and saw message on printer: “49 ERR xxx TURN OFF THEN TURN ON”).

My solution is using old driver for HP Laserjet P2050/2055. It’s “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849” version (HP Universal Printing PCL6 Driver). Latest version is “upd-pcl6-x64-6.3.1.21178” but it no solver this problem.

The first, you search and download “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849” driver at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/

Then you need to uninstall the existing drivers for the printer completely from Windows:

1. Turn off printer.
  2. In the “Devices and Printers” look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device".
  3. In “Programs and Features”, look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Uninstall" or "Remove ".
  4. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  5. Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  6. Click on “Drivers” tab, look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom. Select OK. Then select Apply and OK on the “Print Server Properties” windows. Close Devices and Printers.
  7. Restart computer.
  8. Run “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849” file, select “USB mode plug and play”.
  9. Turn on printer and wait windows know your printer, then restart computer.
  10. Go “Devices and Printers” again, if you see “HP Laserjet P2055 Series” and “HP Universal Printing PCL6”, righ click “HP Laserjet P2055 Series”, choose"Remove Device", windows will remove both printers.
  11. Turn off printer and restart computer once again.
  12. Turn on printer and wait Windows know your printer. If Windows only know your printer is “HP Universal Printing PCL6” is OK.

If Windows continous know “HP Laserjet P2055 Series” and “HP Universal Printing PCL6”, you repeat 10-12 steps. Sometimes you must patience!

Good luck!

Note: I’m not worker of HP.

Regards,

dungleviet

HP Recommended

I just spoke with HP support directly and they informed me that even though  it says the HP2055s are Window's 10 compatible, they really aren't. There are some 'work-around' solutions that might work for a time, but they wont be consistant and the more updates that are done, the less of chance you have of them working at all. We ended up just buying a new printer. It's unfortunate, but probably needed to be done anyway.

Thanks for your assistance all.

HP Recommended

Hi EPotter,

Sorry when you wrote "We ended up just buying a new printer. It's unfortunate, but probably needed to be done anyway.". Because, I and many people saw this erro and their printers work fine now.

You can see some my posts at:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/LaserJet-p2055d-49-Err-3D910C8/td-p/5795734

or:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/INSTALLING-HP-LaserJet-P2055d-driver/m-p/5...

Regards,

dungleviet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.