Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 400 M451dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I replaced the yellow & cyan toner cartridges in my printer a while back with HP cartridges purchased from Office Depot.  When I installed them, I got the message "Used supplies in use" and the level of the toner does not show in the lcd display.  I checked today to see if I was missing a firmware upgrade and it appears I am not.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  The cartridges came in HP boxes which are still sitting around waiting to be mailed with the old cartridges for recycling.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Return the toners to where you purchased them for refund or exchange. Bring a copy of the supplies status page with you to show that the printer does not see them as new.

HP Recommended

Well, that probably would have been the thing to do at some point last year, but I ignored the problem and I'm sure that Office Depot wouldn't take a return of something I bought last May.  Fortunately, I replaced the black and the magenta cartridges at about the same time and I don't have that problem with those two, so I'll just reorder the cyan & yellow after those two run out. 

And if it happens again, I'll return for replacement right away.

Thanks for your input.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.