Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cristofolos
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Various problems with Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M281fdw not printing, dropping jobs midway, etc.

Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have recently had a series of problems with my printer. I have updated the drivers, etc. The problems include:

1) Only printing a few pages of an online web page (say a newspaper article, for example), then dropping the job.

2) Printing just one page of the online web page over and over

3) Only printing one page of a Microsoft Word document that I requested 10 copies of, 2x-sided

4) Printing only a few pages of an Adobe PDF and then printing nonstop a line of gibberish characters until I stop the job or until I cancel the print job, in an irritating infinite loop.

This is an expensive printer in fine condition and it does not currently appear to be worth the money I spent on it by any stretch of the imagination. I am hopeful that you can suggest a fix before I toss the printer and buy from another brand.

1 REPLY 1
Macmac55
Level 4
134 130 9 13
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Various problems with Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M281fdw not printing, dropping jobs midway, etc.

you should see if there is a new firmware and driver update.  Try that first and see if that helps your issue

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation