Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet m1319f MFP printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I formerly had a work computer using Windows 8, I believe, and I could do manual 2-sided printing.  I'd click on the 'use print using sytem dialog' which brought up a 2 sided printing option.  My new Dell computer does not have that option pop up.  I've downloaded printer software, but printer firmware says it can't find the printer, although I print using the printer all the time.  Is there a way to get the 2-sided printing option back?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @Bikerdale,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing a issue with your printer settings where you are unable to find 2 sided printing option.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help.

Are you able to make a copy on the printer? (This would let us know the printer is working fine.)

Are you facing this issue on any particular application or multiple applications?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

The issue you are facing seems to be a driver issue. Request you to follow the procedure mentioned below to uninstall the printer cleanly and install it back on the computer.

Procedure mentioned below might look complicated but will fix the issue you are facing.

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Keep me posted.

**Click on the KUDOS Star on the left to say "thanks" for helping!**
**Please Mark a Reply "Accept As Solution" if this has resolved your issue.**
I Work On Behalf Of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you very much! Worked perfectly and solved the problem! 

Note: I wasn't able to pull up the temporary files to remove, but after I reset the first time, I reinstalled the driver and am now able to print 2 sided.  THanks so much! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.