Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I received an email from HP Online Store yesterday that indicates that the Care Pack connected with my HP printer is coming to an end.

Care Pack: HP 2 year Care Pack w/Standard Exchange for LaserJet Printers
Serial number: X----------6
Care Pack expiration date: 08/09/2020

This is not correct. The care pack 'product' was purchased

- on 3 September 2019

- Order number[Private information]

Thus, the expiration date not be 8/9/2020 but 8/9/2021.

I have the original invoice if you need it.

Can someone from HP please assist in rectifying this error on your system?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

On which date have you purchased the printer?

Keep in mind that when you purchase a care pack, you expend the warranty coverage from the printer purchase date with an additional year or two, not from the care pack purchase date.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

To expand a little, there are two type of carepacks that can be purchased. 

1. An in-warranty carepack will start from the date of purchase of the hardware.

2. A post-warranty carepack will start from date of purchase of the carepack.

As you do not state the purchase date of the printer you may have purchased either. It is also possible that if you were close to the warranty expiration date you may have accidently purchase the wrong carepack. I have requested that the forum moderators escalate your issue, so keep you eye out for a Private Message from an HP agent. (private messages are accessed via the envelope icon next to your name at the top right of the screen)

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Printer purchased on 30 Aug 2018.

Thank you for the clarification. I definitely invested in the Care Park on the premise that it was an extension. Indeed, I had already had the printer for a year when purchasing the Care Pack. If what you say is true - I have paid for a 2 year product - 1 year into the effective use of the product. Feels pretty dubious...

Do you think the 'Extended service agreement' nature of a Care Pack could lead to the confusion that I apparently fell for?

HP Recommended

I work for an HP Partner and this opinion is entirely my own but selling care packs is one of the more confusing products that HP sells and we are blessed to have a great support from the suppliers we deal with in sorting them out. As I said, it might entirely be a simple mis-key based on dates and you will need to wait to hear from HP. This is a user support forum and most of the people answering questions here are not HP employees and have no ability to resolve your problem but can provide guidance, as I have in this case.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying. 

Looking at the product details here more closely, I wonder which type this is? The page does not use the wording you specify - in-warranty/post-warranty.

Also, what is the factory warranty of the printer I purchased? According to this, it is 1 year (albeit a 'limited warranty). Hence, my expectation that I was extending the warranty from the date of the purchase of the care pack (prior to the expiry of the factory warranty).

HP Recommended

@Repairatrooper wrote:

I work for an HP Partner and this opinion is entirely my own but selling care packs is one of the more confusing products that HP sells and we are blessed to have a great support from the suppliers we deal with in sorting them out. As I said, it might entirely be a simple mis-key based on dates and you will need to wait to hear from HP. This is a user support forum and most of the people answering questions here are not HP employees and have no ability to resolve your problem but can provide guidance, as I have in this case.

I see - well thank you for your help.

I will try and wade through the regular support channels for a resolution. I didn't realise that they didn't monitor the forums 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.