Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I'm running an All In One HP PSC 2410 (from 2003) with Windows XP SP 3, current Firefox & IE8. My HP Director stopped opening up after I upgraded from IE 6 to IE8 several months ago. While looking for Help on HP,  I came upon a 2007 XP patch for this problem on the Drivers page, but since it was listed in the same group as a 2009 Driver+Full Feature Software Upgrade,  I assumed that the HP Director XP patch would also be included.  Silly me.  I just finished downloading & installing that 2009 Driver+Full Feature package yesterday & everything works EXCEPT for HP Director.  It is properly listed under Properties as having beeni installed yesterday, but no matter where I try clicking to open, no window is displayed.

So my question is...if I download that 2007 HP Director HP patch into the 2009 HP package I installed yesterday, will they play nicely togther & restore my Director window?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Simply run and install the patch, it is newer than the HP Director suite.

The driver may be labled as 2009 due to re-upload, etc. but the software is older than that.. the patch should more likely resolve the issue.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Simply run and install the patch, it is newer than the HP Director suite.

The driver may be labled as 2009 due to re-upload, etc. but the software is older than that.. the patch should more likely resolve the issue.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Where is the patch 

in this question or solution? I use Windows XP and have HP PSC 2410 Photosmart All-In-One. I need some help to open the HP Director. Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.