MESEY83
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Web Services Show Connected in Computer App & EWS, Not Printer

HP Envy Photo 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy Photo 7155 printer itself is saying it cannot scan to email because "The printer could not connect to web services. The server might be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later." Same issue, no matter how "later" I try. From the printer display if I look at ePrint I get the following error: "Web Services could not be set up. Note: HP Instant Ink will not work properly unless Web Services is set up."

I have turned off web services and turned them back on from the printer, and from the EWS. The printer continues to say it cannot connect to web services due to server issues and indicates that there is no printer email address. I have tried a new wireless network channel at home ( a hidden one  vs. the one that can be found when exploring for wi-fi options which I use for guests). I have turned the printer off and turned it back on.

I have confirmed the following:

HP Smart App:

• Indicates printer is set up properly and web services are enabled
  • All functionality in the Smart App works with the printer (scan, print, etc.)
  • Email address for the printer shows
  • HP Instant Ink is reading levels
  • Instant ink showing number of printed pages; this seems accurate to me

EWS:

• Indicates printer is set up properly and web services status is enabled
  • All web service settings are showing as enabled, connected, and working
  • HP Instant Ink is enabled and correctly reading number of pages printed, etc.
  • Indicates firmware is up-to-date

Why would the HP Smart App and EWS both be showing web services as fully functional and connected, yet the printer repeatedly indicating that it simply cannot connect? It's keeping me from scanning to email and using ePrint. I haven't used enough ink up yet to know if HP Instant Ink will work - but by all accounts it's up and running.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,000 10,003 885 1,057
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Web Services Show Connected in Computer App & EWS, Not Printer

Hi @MESEY83

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation