Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Follow the instructions in message 16 of this thread.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Digitando IP stampante da Google Crhome non riesce a visualizzare la scheda "Web Service" e quindi non riesco ad abilitare il Servizio. Cosa posso fare? Premeto cha da una ricerca tramite Google ho scritto "HP LaserJet Professional M1217fnw Web Service" e mi ha condotto ad un indirizzo IP 208.72.65.169 dove visualizavo la scheda Web Service, poi quando ho immesso i parametri del Ip e gateway del router e stampante, non sono riuscito ad accedere e quindi non trovo più la scheda web server, posso solo accedere dall'indirizzo Ip della stampante, ma senza visualizzare la scheda web server.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I tried that solution but it did not work.

My router is at 192.168.1.1. I tried with the router address in the DNS. Then I tried with 8.8.8.8 and later even with

other free DNS like 208.67.222.222. Nothing seems to work. The Apps con't connect to the internet.

Any idea how to approach this? 

[ I have to say - this printer looked great from a spec prespective. However,the reality is very disappointing... ]

HP Recommended

What router?  What ISP?  What operating system?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
I'm having the same issue on my HP6500A Plus. I've had it for two years and have moved a couple of times and never had an issue until now. Last night When trying to print from my iphone and ipad it printed but took more than 40 minutes for each document. When I printed from my laptop (wireless) it was fine. Today it won't print but a header from my ipad, not at all from my iphone, and my laptop says "Unable to Communicate with Printer" I plugged in a USB cord just to get my print job done and I still get the same message. I've tried resetting it and putting in my wireless settings again, but nada. I tried to follow your directions, but I'm confused. I put the IP address in an IE browser window and it does nothing. Where am I messing up? HELP. TY 🙂
HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Web-Services-problem-Server-connection-...

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have a LaserJet P1102w. Printing works just fine in the local WLAN, but I am unable to enable HP Web Services. I always get a "Connection Error". I tried the trick with the static IP and using Google's DNS, alas to no avail. There is no firewall in my router, internet connection works just fine in other devices. I don't know what else to do, I hope someone here can help me.

HP Recommended

Hi kenzen70,

I'm sorry to hear that you are running into repeated "Connection Error" messages when trying to enable the ePrint feature of your Laserjet P1102w.

I have included a document about getting started with ePrint for your Laserjet.  It has detailed steps to take to get your web services showing as connected so you can get your ePrint setup.

Getting Started with ePrint

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2585903

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I got one step closer after I updated the firmware.

I was able to activate ePrint on the printer. It's showing me a @hpeprint.com address. However, I tried to print using this address and it's not working.

I also tried to add the printer on HP Connected. But the site is asking for a claim code. I'm supposed to get that code from the info page. But when I click on "Print Info Sheet" on the "HP Web Services" tab nothing happens. I have tried this with multiple browsers. Normal print jobs are printed.

Regards,

Kenzen70

HP Recommended

Hi kenzen70,

Thank you for the updated information.  It's good to hear that we are making progress.

To get the Web Services Info Sheet let's try the following steps:

1. Open up your embedded web server
  2. Click on the "Web Services" tab across the top
  3. Click on "Remove Web Services" on the left hand side menu
  4. Click on "Remove Web Services" button
  5. While still on the "Web Services" tab please click on "Setup" on the left hand side menu
  6. Click on the "Continue" button and please follow the prompts.

We should now have your Web Services info sheet with a valid claim code so you can add the printer to your HP Connected account.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.