Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Thanks, removing and enabling the web services did the trick!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I bought a new HP Laserjet P1102W printer. I'm trying to connect it to the web services for HP ePrint sevice but it shows me a error "Connection failed check your internet connection". I've tried all the mentioned solutions such as changing to manual and static IP etc. My AirPrint feature works perfectly. I'm Mac user operating system OS X 10.9, i've also updated the firmware. I live in Pakistan. 

Help please!! 

HP Recommended

Hi Komael,

I'm sorry that you are having an issue getting your ePrint feature setup on your Laserjet P1102w.

to better assist you, would you please provide some further information:

1. How is your printer connected (USB cable, ethernet, or wireless)?
  2. Have you applied the latest firmware update?
  3. Have you run the latest Apple Software update for HP Printers?

Thank you.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello, Happytohelp01

I've connected the printer wirelessly. 

Yes when i installed the drivier for mac from the CD it automatically updated the firmware. i also tried to look for manual update on HP's website but i guess they dont have firmware updates for MAC.

Yes my software is uptodate.

Additional Information,

Firmware Datecode: 20120814

Software driver version: 20120821

they are different but it says uptodate, is there a way i can get the latest firmware update through HP's website or any other link?

Best regards.

HP Recommended

Hi Komael,

Thank you for the additional information, I appreciate it.

I have included a link to the firmware update utility.  It is for Mac 10.8 but will work for your Mavericks system. That should bring up to date with your firmware.  Once the firmware is up-to-date you should be able to access the Web Services tab on your embedded web server to enable ePrint.

HP Laserjet P1102w Firmware Update Utility

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-115797-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi there. I'm trying to set up my new HP Envy 4500 web serivces, and I keep getting the "Cannot connect to the server" error.

1. I have the printer manually set to a static IP address outside the range where my router assigns IP addresses.

2. I have made sure that the subnet mask is correct (255.255.255.0)

3. The gateway is set to the address of the router on my network.

4. The DNS servers are set to Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Still can't connect. Any suggestions?

This is pretty frustrating. This is my fourth HP printer in about 20 years, and my second networked one, and this is the first time one of them hasn't worked out of the box. Also, for some reason, the black cartridge isn't printing.  Disappointing.

Rubin

HP Recommended
Hi I have an Hp envy 5644

When I bought it I set up instant ink and received ink as scheduled no problem. Recently and for no apparent reason, I have received emails warning me that my printer is not connected to the Internet. However when I check the machine and print a config. page it tells me everything is fine -"your printer has access to the Internet" I tried to follow some of the advice posted already but none of the IP addresses on the configure page connect me to it. I'm a bit fed up - HP are still taking my money each month but I'm about to run out of ink!
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I tried the solution, it didn't work, the same error. What should I do?

HP Recommended

I ran into this problem and NOTHING worked until I recognized that the serial number for the printer was

blank on the web interface. As such, the attempt at installation failed everytime no matter what I did.

I copied the printer's serial number from its label, and then followed the instructions in this article:

http://jacobsalmela.com/change-the-serial-number-on-hp-printers-using-printer-job-language-and-netca...

Searhing for "Jacob Salmela" and "Change The Serial Number On HP Printers Using Printer Job Language And netcat (or ftp)" should be able to fix the issue.

Once the serial number was in, web services could be enabled, and more importantly, installation of drivers using HP's Print and Scan Doctor" finishied appropriately and installed the HP ToolboxFX tool.

I assume that HP can provide a fix like this, once they verify the problem.

Hope this helps others with the same problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you! Had to change mine to OpenDNS ones.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.