Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
lazerjet 4+ with envelope feed

I have an old Laserjet 4+ with envelope feeder that was working when last checked, and I hate to just drop it at electronics recycling when the unit or parts or accessories may be useful to someone out there. Not sure what to do. I tried listing it on Craiglist for $10, but no takers. Anyone out there want it? Should I just recycle it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i'd just recycle it.

Great printer, but so old it wont be supported any longer with new programs or operating systems.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

i'd just recycle it.

Great printer, but so old it wont be supported any longer with new programs or operating systems.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the advise. I guess I will just recycle it then.

HP Recommended

I have a whole pile of them that are going to the electronics recyling center as well- i couldnt give them away

HP Recommended

Not true, I have this same machine, it will work very well with the PCL5 version of the Universal Print Driver, I have been using my LaserJet 4 Plus on this driver and it works satisfactory.

As long the printer supports PCL5e which the HP laserJet 4 series does, it will work fine with those drivers, I have a Laserjet series II running on a Windows 10 driver, I have managed to print to a old series II which is way older than a 4 Plus and also I printed to a 2015 MacBook Pro, the LaserJet 4 Plus is indeed supported by new operating systems. But HP dont make new native drivers.

Stuart A. Woods MACS CT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.