Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I send a direction to my HP ENVY 4500 printer and it doesn't print, I check to see what is being printed and receive the message that "Error Code 41" is indicated. I want to know what Error Code 41 means and how I can fix the problem. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Ray-2,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I see when you attempt to use your HP Envy 4500 you get an error 41 on your computer. I was able to find this great solution by fellow Community member  @Cheetah12:

First, I would recommend restarting the Print Spooler on your computer: Source: Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue.

1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), type admin in the Search programs and files box, and then click Administrative Tools .
  2. Double-click Services .
  3. Right-click Print Spooler .
  4. Click Stop to stop the Print Spooler.
  5. Click Start to restart the Print Spooler.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. Try the print job again.

Next, let's try a system file checker on your computer by following this Microsoft document on here. This tool will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files. Please let me know if this repairs any files on this post. 

Now go ahead and uninstall the software: Uninstalling the Printer Software

Once this is complete, I would like you to perform a clean boot on your computer. Please follow this Microsoft document here. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program.

You can install a driver using the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows it was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

If you have an older Operating system  please let me know. I will watch for the results.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.