Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5032
iOS

I’ve had my printer for a while now and it’s always worked on all the devices I have using the HP Smart App, I’ve used this on both iPhone and iPad. Since about a week ago it has stopped working via the HP Smart App. The printer is definitely connected to the network etc because I can print via iPhone if I just press “print” when I select a photo in Photos but when I select “Print with HP Smart” and I press print nothing happens. 

This is making it very difficult to use the printer as the prints don’t fit to the page properly when you don’t use the HP Smart app. 

I don’t have a lap top or anything this is just a printer I use with my iPhone to print pictures for my daughter or to print her homework out. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RobHair91

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use the HP Smart app to check for any issues with your printer and access troubleshooting resources.

• iOS, iPadOS: Tap the printer icon on the home screen, tap the printer status, and then follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

The Print with HP Smart option on the Share menu does not work with OneDrive documents and photos.  

• From a file icon: Tap the Menu icon , tap Open in another app, and then tap Copy to HP Smart.

• From an open document or photo: Tap the Share icon , tap Send File, and then tap Copy to HP Smart.

• Using another app: Tap the Menu icon , and then tap Print to print directly from OneDrive.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02623193 to know more about Printing with Apple AirPrint (iOS)

And, also check and update the latest IOS software on your iPhone devices.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.