Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 400 ColorMFP M475D
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi!

I'm trying to monitor a printer, a HP LaserJet 400 ColorMFP M475D and for proceed with that I need the device MIB. So, the HP Forum help me with this information in the last month in this thread.

But, MIB has a lot of information and I don't know what they mean. This kind of file have a documentation? I just found the MIB repository, but they documentation I do not know.

Could someone answer if this have a documentation?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The format of MIBs (for printers and for other devices) follow a set of standard which is not defined by HP.

A basic description of printing MIBs can be found in this RFC 3085 document.

It's not easy reading (don't expect any specification document to be so).

There are probably lots of applications available to assist in interpreting MIBs and how to use them with SNMP functions.

It's not something I know a great deal about, so I can't recommend particular applications.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The format of MIBs (for printers and for other devices) follow a set of standard which is not defined by HP.

A basic description of printing MIBs can be found in this RFC 3085 document.

It's not easy reading (don't expect any specification document to be so).

There are probably lots of applications available to assist in interpreting MIBs and how to use them with SNMP functions.

It's not something I know a great deal about, so I can't recommend particular applications.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.