Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I HAVE PHOTOSMART C6180 I HAVE PUT AN NEW LIGHT AND REGULAR MAGENTA CARTRIDGES IN

HP Recommended

Same issue. Brand new cartridge that isn't printing any red (alone or in color mixtures - purple). Was working before I changed out an empty cartridge to a new one. HP79DCD9 - HP Photosmart D110 series. No errors. Printed status report, quality report, and clean printhead. Still not working...

HP Recommended

Does anyone have a remedy???

HP Recommended

This did NOT help at all!!!!

HP Recommended

it is printing yellow and model is 6700

HP Recommended

My printer is printing in yellow rather than red. The "Ink Information" shows I have plenty of all four colors. Even so, I changed the magenta and the second page after that had a little red. Now it has gonew back to all yellow. This is an HP4620.

Second question, if it's not that the cartridge is low on ink, can I salvge the old one and keep this new one from drying out until I need it?

Thanks,

Steve

HP Recommended

I have an Officjet 6700 and was also having the problem where red was printing as brown. I was able to fix it by going to "Maintain Your Printer", then "Clean Printheads". After it prints once and the colors are not right, you can choose to do a "second-level clean". The second cleaning fixed my problem, but you can also do a "third-level clean". Hope this helps others with this problem.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with magenta.  I have a Lexmark s405 and have always used HP ink replacement cartdriges.  I went through the troubleshooting guide which did not help.  The ink cartdrige is full.  What is left to try?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.