Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

My printer will not complete booting sequence when I turn it on. It is stuck on the HP and Energy Star screen with the bar only loaded a quarter way.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Zaf001

Thank you for joining HP Community.

I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Update the firmware using this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168.

Restart the printer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest to manually remove all the toners, restart the printer and wait for the printer to state to install the toners again. Just to rule out a toner not being seated correctly, causing this issue.

You can manually move the carousel if it is stuck.

Open the scanner lid and the lid below that so you should see the toners.

On the left-hand side of the black frame, you will see an oval hole with a white plastic piece inside it.

You will need to use something to push down on the white plastic piece, at the same time push the carousel backward, don't touch the toner though. It has to be in the exact right position in order to be able to pull the toner out.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

I have tried exactly what you asked, but still no luck. The problem is the small screen on the printer gets stuck a quarter way through the booting sequence, whenever it is turned on. This means I can't even update the software on the printer because it is not going past the screen that shows the white bar loading. Therefore my laptop is not picking up the printer for the update to be done. Kindly asking for further assistance.

HP Recommended

@Zaf001

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.