Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet P2055d
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have a lovely very reliable HP 2055d. 

We are about to get another iMac which will come with Catalina. Will my old faithful printer still work?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Grahamell 

Hello,

Normally, your printer HP LaserJet P2055d should work with macOS 10.15. Because macOS 10.15 offers the driver for your printer.

Proceed as follows to install, to install your printer on your new Mac:

1. Download and install the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for OS X.

2. On the Apple menu, click System Preferences....

3. On the View menu, click Printers & Scanners.

4. Click on the + sign to add the printer.

5. In the Use field, scroll down the list to choose Select Software....

6. In the search field type 2055, then select HP LaserJet P2055.

7. Click OK, and then Add.

8. Click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
  9. Try to print.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.