Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 Desktop says HP 3005 Laserjet isn't connected to desktop

Lenovo Thinkstation S30
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Microsoft updated my Windows 10 System and, since then, my computer can't see my printer (HP LaserJet 3005).  Print jobs go to the queue but don't print.  The system says that the printer is not connected to the desktop.  (It's connected.) I don't know what to do to troubleshoot the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,547 3,422 213 534
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uninstall and reinstall your printer software to repair the printer connection.

Printers rarely ever survive an major OS update such as upgrading to Windows 10.  Start over and try again.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.
Farfallah Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A belated thanks.  Uninstall and reinstall (automatic in Windows 10) worked.  My printer's up and running.  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation