Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 33 (13,530 Views)

Windows 8 and Color LaserJet CM1312nfi

I have not been successful installing my Color LaserJet CM1312nfi in Windows 8 64-bit.  The printer does show up in devices automatically, but I really require scan capabilities as well.  The installation software will get to the point of requesting if I am connecting via network or USB and I choose network.  Sometimes it will find it, sometimes it won't.  On the times it does, it fails to install.  Note that I have installed successfully on three Windows 7 machines.

The scanner portion does not show up in devices, and does not show up in Adobe Acrobat 8 as a scanning option, so the scanner is definitely not working at all.

Any recommendations that will allow me to get this thing working would be greatly appreciated.

Note that I not only disabled firewall/anti-virus software, but I uninstalled it to ensure 100% that this was not what was preventing the installation to complete.

0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 33 (13,504 Views)

Re: Windows 8 and Color LaserJet CM1312nfi

In order for you to have scan capablities with this printer, you will need to download the full solution. Have you tried that?

cm1312 windows 8 driver

If you want to scan without downloading the full solution, then you will need to use the HP Scan and Capture app. This can be downloaded from the Microsoft store.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Tutor
Message 3 of 33 (13,488 Views)

I am having the same exact problem as the original poster.  I have 3 PCs and upgraded them all to Windows 8. When trying to install the Full Solution 5.1 file from the HP website I choose to install through the Network. It finds the printer at IP address 196.158.1.9 so I click Next. It then tells me there is a Network problem and the only reall option I have is to keep trying or cancel it out.

Things I have tried

- Turned off my firewall (Using ESET Smart Security 6)

- Try to install via USB (I get stuck in the same area where it asks me to plug in the USB cable. Windows sees the printer but the Full Solution just sits there.

Each time I tried to reinstall I did a full cleanup of my PC of all HP software to make sure nothing was left using the following steps.

- Went to the full Soltuon 5.1 direct folder and ran L1 Uninstall.bat files 1, 2 and 3 (3 caues a reboot). After reboot I ran the 4th one and then used the scrubber file. I then went to the Program Files folder to delete the HP folders and then into the ProgramData folder to delete them fromt here as well. I then clean out the temp folder and %temp% folder.

Although this cleanup completely removes HP from my system the 5.1 solution gets stuck in the same place everytime. If I use the PCL6 drivers (ONLY) I can print just fine but I can no longer Scan or Fax.

Any advice would be great as I been banging my head on this for 3 days now and not getting anywhere. My printer model is a Laserjet CM1312nfi MFP

Tutor
Message 4 of 33 (13,459 Views)

Bump, can anyone help?

Tutor
Message 5 of 33 (13,446 Views)

Can anyone help me with this please?

Tutor
Message 6 of 33 (13,431 Views)

Still trying to solve this, any have suggestions?

Tutor
Message 7 of 33 (13,418 Views)

I thought HP tech support people occasionally would read this forum?

Can anyone help me please or give me some suggestions? The 5.1 Solution posted on the HP website DOES NOT install for Windows 8 and I have 3 machines now and on none of them it works.

Tutor
Message 8 of 33 (13,408 Views)

Bump, please still need help. Is HP working on a new full install package for the CM1312nfi printer to work with windows 8?

Tutor
Message 9 of 33 (13,391 Views)

Please anyone? I have no other place to go for help but these forums.

Tutor
Message 10 of 33 (13,384 Views)

Can atleast someone from HP please respond to this thread. I have done tons of internet searches and I am not finding a solution for this problem where the 5.1 all in one full solution that HP has certified as Windows 8 compliant simply DOES NOT install under Windows 8. I can not get the scanne to work or the fax to work I can only get the printer to work using either the Windows drivers or the PCL compliant drivers. Someone please help me here, I been posting for a few days now and I am seing other posters getting replies from HP staff but noone is responding to this thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation