Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet P2055dn
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

There is an error message that says the output bin is full.  And another saying to rmove the paper.  I have opened the paper drawer, taken out the paper, and put it back in.  There is no paper anywhere else to take out!  I have turned off the printer and back on.  I have opened all available places and the error message is still there!

Help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, I wiggled the flaps where the paper comes out of the printer, and it solved the problem!  Printing well now!!

Thank you very much!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @PattylovesTea,

Before you have to get your printer serviced by a printer engineer, you can try to move the output flap/shaft up and down several times in case that it got stucked. It is located where the paper comes out of the printer when the printing is done.

If that does not fix the problem then apparently  the output bin sensor has been damaged.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Yes, I wiggled the flaps where the paper comes out of the printer, and it solved the problem!  Printing well now!!

Thank you very much!!

HP Recommended

I have this same problem. The error message says "remove paper and other material from the output bin and output door area" and there is never anything there. When I lift up the flap and press ok the printing resumes, but it is happening almost every time I print and it's becoming extremely annoying.

My printer is only about a month old. What can be done with a sensor issue like this? 

HP Recommended

Hi kamaolo,

You either have to fix or replace this sensor, or if it is still in warranty speak with your seller.

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

This solved it fro me [from HPs help pages]:

Take a close look at the flaps hanging out the exit of the printer. They should move up and down freely. If one of them is stuck up, broken or dislodged, then a bin full error is displayed.

I simply flapped the flaps and it was sorted

HP Recommended

When we checked ours, we found that the paper was getting hung on one side. Upon closer inspection, one of the little scroller wheels had popped out and and just needed to be popped back in. 

HP Recommended

I am not able to get the printer to print.  This is important to have it working.

Please let me know what to do.

Thank you.

Trumby

HP Recommended

How do you fix the sensor?

HP Recommended

How do you  fix or replace this sensor?

Trumby

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.