Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Easy Scan
Other

When I upgraded to MacOS 10.15 ( Catalina) easy scan will load and the scanner scans, but easy scan stay on"preparing to scan" and will not provide images.

100 REPLIES 100
HP Recommended

Could you please let us know your printer model?

In the meantime, may you able to scan using the HP Smart app instead?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPSmart3.6.pkg

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

It is a Laserjet Pro MFP M127fw

HP Recommended

Image Capture should allow scanning with your printer, till a further HP Easy Scan update will become available in the future:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/HP-Easy-Scan-is-not-currently-supported-i...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Similar problem on an HP Officejet Pro 8600.  Easy scan shows preparing scan but nothing happens. Could previously also do a wireless scan to computer from the Officejet- get same message and nothing happens.  Had to do a hardwire connection and go to the HP Print/Scan window, as opposed to Easy scan, in order to scan- that worked.

HP Recommended

I have the exact similar same problem on my Officejet PRo 8620 all in one HP.

Waiting for a rapid solution.

Thanks

HP Recommended

ShlomiL's solution worked for me.  I used his link to download the HP Smart app and now scanning is working well.  THANKS

HP Recommended

It didn't work for me. I am using image capture until a new release is made.

HP Recommended

Did you try the HP Smart.app?  that is what worked

HP Recommended

Thanks, ShlomiL. I used your link and can scan again. The quality is very poor but it'll do until Mac comes up with a fix. Do you think they will?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.