Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I had downloaded the app a few weeks ago, and have now, after finding that installing Catalina stopped me being able to scan, downloaded it again, but still can't scan using easyscan. When is the HP upgrade due for dealing with this problem?

HP Recommended

Same problem for me with my HP 8615 connected by Wifi to my home network.

When I request to scan from the printer to the Mac with a document in the printer (not on the feeder), I got an error message which asks me to put a document in the feeder.

It works when I put a document in the feeder

A person who is tired of waiting for an update of HP EasyScan for macOS Catalina
HP Recommended

Hi 

You are not alone, Catalina did it to me on hp 8720, too, I erase printer and re install again on iMac 27,

now error from trying to scan from glass.

It is possible withe easy scan but no way to scab a batch only one page at a time.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use Image Capture to scan, HP Easy Scan is not currently supported on Catalina:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06455960

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi 

I know about the image capture saw the article, in mine point of view that is hardly a solution.

considering scanning direct from printer with set up made before (usually for work and mails it will be pdf,) no need to try

to configure before about how many pages one document or you have a bunch....

We are going back-words. 

Upgrade of systems is not about taking us back... apple should do matching before, and hp had enough time to

post update.

really no one care about the lost of hours.....

Thanks 

Harel

HP Recommended

Image Capture works fine, as does HP Smart.  Both solve the problem

HP Recommended

Installing the HP Scan Smart didn't work.  I use the OfficeJet 8620 AIO's scan to computer feature.  This doesn't work after Catalina.  

In regards to the HP Scan Smart app, the App cannot full complete the installation. It gets stuck at the "Enjoy HP Account benefits!" page.  Even after the signing on screen, it doesn't/unable to complete the installation.  

I really hope HP gets this fixed.  Actually, I would have expected HP to be ready since Catalina was announced 6 months ago.  

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with HP officejetpro 8600 plus

I contacted apple that advise me to contact hp

I did it and have open a file with hp

yesterday (oct 14) they told me they had numerous complaints about the same problem 

today they say it is now official  they have to fix the problem but the bypass solution they provide to fix the problem before getting easy scan new release is not working

they just try to gain time by sending solutions they know as being non efficient!

HP Recommended

Have the same problem and same printer.

So i just started using the scan option on my printer app  and that worked for me.

HP Recommended

Hi, there have been new HP drivers, but Easyscan  1.9.2 still doesnt work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.