Did you mean: 
FransvS
Level 1
3 2 0 3
Message 21 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

after upgrading to Mac OS Catalina easyscan is not working right

HP Easy Scan 1.9.2 with Mac OS 10.15 gives black screen.pngHP Easy scan gives black scan sreen,!!!! (see version on picture)

FransvS
Level 1
3 2 0 3
Message 22 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As can be seen the picture is back. Latest version Easy Scan and new MacOS 10.15 

Edubuche
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP office jet 8702.. Please assist. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Sher69
1 1 0 0
Message 24 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your explanation. How can we get notice that this issue is resolved so that new drivers (or whatever is the solution) can be downloaded?

0 Kudos
cheights
Level 1
2 2 0 3
Message 25 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP Easy Scan which is unable to complete a scan since I upgraded to Catalina (including the update that got pushed to me yesterday).

On the flatbed, the scanner will complete a pass and I get an error message that the scanner cannot create an Overview.  On the top feeder, the first page loads and gets scanned but the application will not move past "preparing to scan".

I have downloaded and installed the current driver as of Oct 17.   This is a newer driver (I checked earlier this month) but the problem was not resolved.

This is an HP, not a Mac issue.  Apple was been warning developers and users about this upgrade (where the last of the legacy 32-bit OS code is deprecated) for a couple of years.  Given HP's user base, there's no reason to be caught unprepared.

Please let us know a timetable for resolution of this issue.

JPhi007
2 1 0 0
Message 26 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem/ My printer is a HP Officejet Pro X576dw. When I started Easy Scan 2 problems found:

1- Scanner found, Scan started, nothing in the charger, I used a flat test paper on the screen, then message from Easy Scan that the charger was empty.

2- After done n° 1 I did put paper in the charger then Easy Scan stays in "Preparing scan..." and the printer is hang. I did have to reboot the printer...

Any clue ?

Thanks 

JP

0 Kudos
david6894
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 27 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

with hp 8600 lasejet pro niether app works

0 Kudos
adil6373
1 1 0 1
Message 28 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

colour laser jet pro mfp m477fdw

lefty31
2 2 0 0
Message 29 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When will HP resolve this issue???  We are having to send important docs via FED EX instead of simply scanning,

this is ridiculous.  We scan often and now we can't.  HELP!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
NJ21SPEED
1 1 0 0
Message 30 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this but I was able to go to applications, press HP Scan and it scanned fine.  But still not working on my Mac keep getting an error.    Thought I'd share that.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation