Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Glad it worked for you but it didn't help for us.  As a matter of fact the rectangle saying "Preparing to scan" freezes the computer and the only way to get rid of it is to shut the computer down and restart.  Again, please get this fixed HP!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I  have the same problem with an OfficeJet Pro 6968 and your HPSmart App seems to work for now.

BTW, If I put paper in the feeder on top and try to scan the paper feeds and the scanner thinks it sent it.  If that helps.

Please let me know when you up the quick scan program.

Thanks,

Terry Webner

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with easysacn. My printer is Laserjet MFP M277dw

HP Recommended

Hello all,

Excuse me @ShlomiL!

HP is working with Apple to restore the functionality of HP Easy Scan.

MacOS Catalina does not currently support scanning with HP Easy Scan. Scan using Apple Image Capture as a workaround.

For more information, please go to HP Printers - HP Easy Scan Is Not Currently Supported in macOS Catalina.

You can also use HP Smart to scan or print with your printer.

You can also use VueScan x64 but the disadvantage is:
Note that the files you create will have a watermark and this watermark can not be deleted. VueScan is a paid application that is why you would have a watermark on the created documents. The download version is a demo version.
https://www.hamrick.com/alternate-versions.html

The Scan to Computer feature will not work as well now. It is related to the same problem as HP Easy Scan. With VueScan, the Scan to Computer feature will not be available.

MacOS Catalina now supports 32-bit software, drivers, and applications because some older printers and drivers are not updated to 64-bit (this only applies to HP Easy Scan for HP printers).

So macOS Catalina only supports 64-bit applications, software and drivers.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed.

Regards,:smirking_face:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

everything is working OK for me since I upgraded my easy scan, but the problem I have is that I can only scan through the feeder.  If I try to scan an item on the glass surface, it says the feeder is empty and basically will not let me scan except through the feeder.

HP Recommended

@sulaby 

Hello and thank you for your return,

That is precisely the problem encountered by HP Easy Scan. Actually, it is for this reason that HP is working with Apple to restore the functionality of HP Easy Scan.

As a workaround, please use Apple Image Capture or HP Smart to scan on the surface of your printer's scanner glass.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you! This worked.

HP Recommended

macOS Catalina & HP OfficeJet Pro 8720

When studying my problem I noticed that a process "HP Device Monitor" is left running in background all the time taking CPU 3-10 %. Also when Mac is in sleep mode, which means a really uncompetent coding. When I uninstalled HP software and rebooted the Mac, this process had disappeared. Luckily we have a couple of Windows PC's where scanning can be done.

HP Recommended

In response to my case I got told to call Mac support in an email today. Here is my response to that email. Why is that HP can't keep up with the Mac world and upgrades. It is truly sad that a company the size of HP fails at keeping their software up to date. I have a suggestion for you HP get some QA people that really do QA. I have lost functionality and you have no ETA on a fix and don't seem to worried about, because you tell your users to use some ass backwards work around and that is acceptable to you HP. Bull!@#t

Seriously you are going to tell me to contact Apple in regards to an HP driver issue. Are you kidding me? I spend $700 on a printer that is not going to function with your software. I got news for you that is not acceptable. If this is your stance, this is the last HP printer that I will ever buy. This is not a solution, and by no means is this a proper response to a case. 

HP Recommended

I am finding that the Apple Image Capture app works fine with my HP printer.  Also HP Smart.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.