Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Unable to scan document because there is no communication with the scanner. The only solution I found to bypass this problems is to use VueScan . This scanner software works very well . But of course there is no integration of the scanner with other software like DevonThink or Yep or IRISScan . Still waiting for a solution from HP. 

HP Recommended

To ShlomiL and all: Thank you for responding with a workable work-around. Though I hadn't  yet needed to use the OCR functionality in a document created via Easy Scan, the comments explaining that the HP Smart app doesn't have OCR functionality highlight that there isn't yet a complete solution. However, I did download the Smart app and the scanner function works for basic scan-to-PDF functionality and I'm happy to know that.

I hope someone at a responsible level of HP is reading this. I want to flag that, before going to the HP Support Community, I tried to get tech support from the HP customer service phone team. I submitted feedback on my experience following two phone calls (in essence, no beef with the individual support reps, big beef with systemic lacks).  And now that I understand that the problem is not with my printer but with HP's failure to keep its software in sync with Mac upgrades, I am particularly unhappy that: (1) HP phone tech support would only talk with me if I paid $19 or $20 - to address a known lag in HP's own scanning app. (2) As far as I can tell, HP staff was not trained to recognize this issue - clearly not unique to me, as this thread makes manifestly clear. (3) HP's alternative to my paying for tech support - emailing me links to support articles - didn't include any articles that addressed the real issue - I had to rely on other HP users for answers. (4) This also suggests that, if I'd been foolish enough to pay for tech support, I wouldn't have gotten to a solution and still would have ended up relying on other HP users.

So I'm flagging my tech support experience in hopes that someone at an appropriate HP level monitors these chats. HP needs to understand that, in addition to the software glitch/gap we've all highlighted in this thread, (1) HP's customer support/tech support systems are not equipped to flag and handle this basic question AND (2) HP's support systems ARE equipped to charge consumers for support that (based on my experience) may well not result in answers.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the F/U. Apple Image Capture did the job for me right now, until HP Easy Scan is fixed.  Thanks again, Bob

HP Recommended

My printer will not give me a code to proceed with installation just my hp print email. [edited]

HP Recommended

Easy Scan no longer works after upgrade to Catalina on HP OfficeJet 4650 -- error is automatic document feeder is empty.

HP Recommended

downloaded smart scan after deleting web services and hp smart works but easyscan still doesnt work and you can NOT scan to a searchable PDF with hp smart only plain PDF

HP Recommended

easy scan is an old app and has not been updated for YEARS AND YEARS so I doubt they will do anything about it

HP Recommended

Everybody keeps talking about the work around but I need the searchable PDF which is only available from the original easy scan app

HP Recommended

East Scan has been the only app solution that worked for me on my HP Photosmart 5620. HP provided ES about 2 years ago, I believe, to work around an issue with Mohave. 

HP Recommended

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426 

Scanning from glass does not work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.