Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

What I find really odd is that a MacBook Pro 2017 computer upgraded to Catalina that was always able to scan, remains capable while a new MBP 2019 says "preparing to scan" as the document feeds through the feeder and the software continues to say preparing to scan.  Odd!

I will poke around in the Library folders to see if there is a difference between the two.

HP Recommended

It is unprofessional that after 4 months the only answer given by HP is to use image capture, which does not solve the "easy sacan problem" . Will they be able to give us a solution when they know that the Mac´s operating system changed to 64 bits for a year?

Anyone who knows how to solve these problems wants to work with them?

HP Recommended

For my printer model Officejet Pro 8600 Plus  I found on HP pages information about a new version of HP Easy Start. The package included HP Easy Scan version 1.9.3.002 and some printer driver (no version nr). Installing the new HP Easy Scan "succeeded" and the HP driver "could not be taken in use". The result is that printing with Apple Airprint goes well, but the scanner side is not at all detected.

Then I found out two alternative ways of scanning:

a) I took into use the Webscan which is embedded into the printer. As a default it was switched off but I could put that into use. It works well, but can send scan results only to the Photos App

b) Directly from the display of the printer I can scan to memory stick. The memory stick must be FAT32, because on exFAT sticks Mac cannot see the scanning result (Windows laptop can see).

When I have more to scan I use my Windows laptop.

HP Recommended

No OCR with this tool

Rather than always answering the same thing from the beginning, why not communicate a date for the availability of a real fix ?

You're waiting for HP to finally be acquired by a company to pass on the problem. 😉

A person who is tired of waiting for an update of HP EasyScan for macOS Catalina
HP Recommended

Not only no OCR with this tool, no dual sided multi-page scanning is available.  That is why I bought this printer.  That really irritates me that I am told to do something that would take hours and not OCR.  For example, I was given a 20 sheet dual sized paper handout.  I was able to put it on the document feeder press scan and walk away.  I then had 40 page PDF that was searchable and made it very easy for me to find information in it that I needed.  That took me maybe 5 minutes.  30 or so for the scanner.  This lack of fixing the problem is outrageous!

AS I SAID BEFORE, TWO OTHER OF MY UPGRADED MACHINES ARE ABLE TO USE THE DOCUMENT FEEDER FOR DUAL SIDED OCR SCANS!!!  I tried every trick I could to discover a difference but I have been unable to.  Why can't HP spend the time to figure it out!  I also note it does not even recognize that it has a document feeder when the other do.

This is bovine excrement!

HP Recommended

I think the solution will come when websites (Wired, etc...) talk about the problem which is global.

Today, HP makes fun of customers and acts as if nothing had happened, it's a shame.

A person who is tired of waiting for an update of HP EasyScan for macOS Catalina
HP Recommended

So one option that has just worked for me is to goto app store and download HPsmart and that is a new integrated piece of software that does all in one and it allows print and scan does work on Catalina  

HP Recommended

HPSmart is a degraded solution compared to EasyScan: No OCR, no sheet straightening, etc...

The only thing that HPSmart can do well is to indicate in grey that the cartridges are not HP branded  😂
As HP is not doing anything to fix the problem there is no real choice but to use HPSmart

HP Recommended

I agree.  I am more than tired, I am infuriated.  It is working on Catalina on two of my three computers.  It is my main computer that it does not work on.  They all have the same OS.  One would think HP would be interested in why it works on 2 of them and not the third.   I am sure if they compared all the related EasyScan files, one would find the difference.  If I were skilled enough, I would try if but I am not.  Copied all the files I could fine in Application support folder.  I would be happy to extract all the necessary files from the two machines if someone could show me how.  It would sure help a lot of frustrated users.

HP Recommended

I share your frustration but at least it allows me to scan from my Mac as opposed to having to get out phone etc - lets hope that HP get their brain in gear soon - its totally unacceptable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.