Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Found a solution for the computer that did not work.

Started a chat session with support, gave the printer's serial number and was directed to reinstall the software.  It was titled "HP Easy Start" v 2.9.1.002 with a release date of Dec 18, 2019.  Went through all the steps as if it was a new install and voilà, it worked.

I hope it works for others.  I sure did not see this solution on the forum before but it worked for me.  I hope it works for you.

Go to https://support.hp.com/us-en and put in your printer serial number.  Find that by going to your printer web page (Preferences=>printers Select your printer and double-click on the icon Settings => Show Printer Webpage => Tools and you will find it there. 

Good Luck!

HP Recommended

Outstanding!  This worked!  Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Doesn't make any difference to me (HP Officejet Pro 8615)
How is it possible that a company like HP can't make software that works for everyone ?

A person who is tired of waiting for an update of HP EasyScan for macOS Catalina
HP Recommended

Agima,

Sorry it is not working for you.  Though what I use had a release date Dec, 18, it does not mean is that is when it appeared on the webpage.

Since this problem was first reported in October it is possible that they are still in the process of releasing an update for your device.  I would suggest checking the release date of the software and see if you are using an updated version, probably in December or later.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your support
But I doubt that HP is really working on the problem.
To be continued...

A person who is tired of waiting for an update of HP EasyScan for macOS Catalina
HP Recommended

HP Easy Start" v 2.9.1.002 has no claims to work with IOS 13.0.4. I'm not about to try it.

HP Recommended

OS 10.15.3 upgrade today solved the problem. Easyscan is working again.

HP Recommended

@tomsg 

Hello and thanks for return,

Absolutely, I can confirm that. Please follow the instructions in this message to update MacOS.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Before upgrading to 10.15.3 it was already running using the last release of EasyScan and the process to re-install on the top of the older release of EasyScan as already noticed in past replies...

And of course the last release is working indeed with Catalina 10.15.3.

JP

HP Recommended

It's working for me too with yesterday Cataline update 10.15.3
And it was not working before with lastest EasyScan release only

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.