Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just thought I'd run another related question by you.  I can scan using HP easy Scan OK.  I cannot send a scan from my printer to my iMac.  They don't communicate with each other.  Any suggestions?  Is HP workin on this also?

HP Recommended

There have been 2 Apple updates of macOS Catalina since its official release and the problem is still not solved !
How do you explain that HP Smart Scan works, but not HP EasyScan ?

Shlomil is doing his best but he's not going to rewrite the drivers by himself.
I am very disappointed with the quality of HP service:
- No official communication on the problem on their websites
- Bypass solutions that are not professionally acceptable
- Loss of text recognition in PDFs obtained with bypass solutions (HP Smart Scan and Apple Image Capture)

Instead of developing software to harass people when they are not using HP cartridges, you should test your software on future OS. The developer versions, Alpha versions and Betaversions are used for this purpose.
What is for sure with this incident and especially the way it is treated, is that my next printer will not be an HP

I can't even imagine the number of people on the planet who are looking for a solution without finding a solution and who may have already bought a printer believing that theirs was out of order or to be able to work properly

A person who is tired of waiting for an update of HP EasyScan for macOS Catalina
HP Recommended

Image Capture and Smart Scan communicate with the computer well. Just use them

HP Recommended

No OCR with these tools as I explained before. So you can't select text in PDF generated with the scanner !!!

A person who is tired of waiting for an update of HP EasyScan for macOS Catalina
HP Recommended

Oh right, I hadn't realized that EasyScan had OCR.  I just use a separate OCR program

HP Recommended

Please check information', no change or improvement yet, impossible to scan from glass only with feeder..... and more

HP Recommended

They do not work with all HP printers. We have two printers with different problems: HP Officejet 8600 prints correctly, but cannot scan even with Image Capture ("no scanner"). HP Officejet Pro 8720 prints only black-and-white with poor image quality but text is ok, but scanning with Image Capture goes fine.

HP Recommended

Yes they work with older iMacs (Upgraded to Catalina) but not with a new one. My old iMac became so slow I bought a new one. The old one continues to work fine (With Catalina) the new one will not communicate with the scanner using image capture or Easyscam.

HP Recommended

What I would like to see is HP step up here with a formal statement on when this issue is going to be resolved. Work arounds are not a resolution. It is pretty pathetic that a company such as HP cannot get a hold of the new OS in development so that these issues do not happen. To that, this is not the first time that this has happened with Apple and HP. It seems that HP does not give a crap what happens when Apple release a major OS upgrade. HP we would like to hear from you. When an OS upgrade takes out important functionality on a small business machine this is an issue that needs to be addresses ASAP.  The ability to scan from the printer to computer is not just one model, it is many models across the board. HP should have a public facing statement to its customers on what steps are being taken to resolve this.  Your message boards are in full chatter about this, time to do something!!!!

HP Recommended

Same problem on my HP Photosmart 7520.

I would hope they would release an update ASAP.  Unacceptable to not be able to efficiently scan, which is a critical function for me and the function I use the most on my HP printer.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.