Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I cannot use scan on officejet 6700 premium since upgrade

HP Recommended

We hope at Thanksgiving we have our desired gift: Easy scan UPDATE!

HP Recommended

@CB116

Do you get any errors?

Did you perform the steps mentioned in previous posts to troubleshoot the scanning issue on macOS 10.15?

Use Apple Image Capture to scan from you MAC

You may refer to this document to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You (HP) have said you will fix this.  You have still failed to do so.  What you are asking is if we have used work arounds - and we are finding ways to do this.  What it needs now is honesty from HP

- are you going to fix it? 

- if so when? 

- if not be honest - and tell us.  

This is the worst customer service I have experienced in a while. 

HP Recommended

Please Just Fix Easy scan UPDATE!

Work arounds are a pain in the neck...

HP Recommended

still no update. This version is TWO YEARS OLD!!! on Apple app site.still not update TWO YEARS since last updatestill not update TWO YEARS since last update

HP Recommended

Officejet 6700 premium

i followed all suggestions from deleting software (including “library” file), and reinstalling (4-5 times) to unplugging everything and rebooting all equipment and router (many times).

When software installs and I get to the Verify page,  I get a message that there’s something wrong with scanner.  But doesn’t say what problem is or how to fix it.   I have to hit “complete” to close program.

When I open printer utility directly, it shows “scan to computer” is enabled but when I attempt to scan using the scan button on printer itself, it stalls (“preparing to scan”) and freezes.  I have to reboot each time.

easy scan doesn’t work.

this is maddening.  If I hadn’t just spent $$$ on ink, I’d throw out this HP (which worked great before Catalina update) and never buy another HP.

HP Recommended

I found an article online that says this isn’t unique to HP. Sounds like the underlying issue is that with MacOS update to Catalina, he operating system no longer supports 32bit software and only supports 64bit software. This rendered many printer drivers obsolete. The thing I find maddening is that Apple has made it clear now for the past few years that it was moving to a 64bit only platform. So why did HP and other vendors not update their printer drivers sometime in the past few years knowing this?

I found a good alternative though. If you have Adobe Acrobat, it allows you do most of what EasyScan let you do, including duplex scanning, OCR and creation of searchable PDFs  from your scanned documents, etc. I have the full Adobe Acrobat subscription.  So I’m not sure if more basic versions of Acrobat will also let you do that or not. But is a good solution and better than the Mac Image Capture alone. 

HP Recommended

After upgrading to Mac OS catalina my HP Officejet Pro 8725 I can anything from the flatbed

HP Recommended

HP Officejet 6700 Premium still won't scan to computer after Catalina upgrade.

I have uninstalled printer, deleted all software, reinstalled, etc.   Image capture works but I don't care about that!   I want to know why I could scan directly to computer before this mac upgrade and cannot now.

When I install the software (after deleting and emptying trash, etc), and run a print test - that works.  However, when I run a scan test, I hear the scanner working, but on the computer screen I get error:  "The scanner reported an error.  Overview can failed to complete."  

When I try to scan directly from the printer, I get message "Preparing to scan" but it freezes and nothing happens.  I have to shutdown computer to get that error message off the screen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.