Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet mfp 170fmw

hp -so i bought this printer on september 10th, had it delivered on sept 12th.  it worked exactly for one week before it stopped, spoke to the first customer service rep and he had me wipe down the brass leads on the printer with a wet paper towel, that worked for a day before the printer stopped, second rep had me unplug the machine to restart it, that worked for an hour (maybe) before it stopped, can't get anyone from customer service to help because no one knows where to get the part.  Hp store doesn't have it either, this has been going on for 2 months, now i can't even return the machine to staples cause i've had it too long, sitting on the desk as a freaking ornament!  i think this company has done down hill and they're nothing but scammers...i suggest everyone not get any more HP products because you can't rely on the company for anything other than taking your money!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

What was the original error code? Who did you call? The printer should have a 1 year warranty. I'd call HP and ask for a refund. You posted the Model of printer as a  LaserJet M170?

I can't think of any brass leads in a LaserJet printer that a HP phone support rep would recommend you wipe down with a wet rag. These forums are mostly volunteers, this is not a forum for you to try and get a refund, but sounds like you should try and get one.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.