Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet MFP M277dw (B3Q11A)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Running MS Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363.  From a standard user account I can only print in manual duplex; however the automatic duplex works fine when printing from an administrator privileged account.  is there a setting, reset or ?? that will allow auto-duplex from my normal user account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I (finally) solved this;  First I had to go in to an admin-privileged account and open up to 'Everyone' management privileges;  Then From the Windows Printer & scanners page; click on "Open printer app" link under the M277dw item. (the Manage button already showed the Duplex installed);  In the App click on the "printer settings" button, Then Under "Settings" click the "Advanced Settings" button; Select the System tab, Select "Paper Setup" Then Set the "Duplex" pull-down to "On".  For good measure, I then restarted the PC and it is working!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That is typically a function of the printer driver installed on the computer. Hopefully these instructions will be the same on yours.

While in your Standard User Account, Go into your printer driver, open the Properties, click on the Device Settings tab, look for the Installable options section and Duplex Unit option to be set for Installed. Once enabled, it should give you what you want.

HP Recommended

From my standard user account only 3 things appear on the Device settings tab page: All are 'greyed-out"

A box that says "update Now", The words "Duplex Unit" and on that box another box that says "installed".

As noted all are greyed out and unable to be changed from the standard user account.!?

HP Recommended

I (finally) solved this;  First I had to go in to an admin-privileged account and open up to 'Everyone' management privileges;  Then From the Windows Printer & scanners page; click on "Open printer app" link under the M277dw item. (the Manage button already showed the Duplex installed);  In the App click on the "printer settings" button, Then Under "Settings" click the "Advanced Settings" button; Select the System tab, Select "Paper Setup" Then Set the "Duplex" pull-down to "On".  For good measure, I then restarted the PC and it is working!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.