Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

b109n cannot connect from main pc but printer works wirelessly from laptop. When I try to reinstall it claims cannot find the printer when connected by usb but HP print doctor can print test page using usb. This worked perfectly before I had to reinstall w7 64bit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi How68ard,

I understand you are having difficulties with your printer since reloading your Windows 7 64bit. Please ensure you have completed your Windows updates then use the HP Printer Install Wizard to ensure you have all of the necessary software for your B109n; HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.

If this does not resolve the issue please let me know and we will work towards a solution, thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi How68ard,

I understand you are having difficulties with your printer since reloading your Windows 7 64bit. Please ensure you have completed your Windows updates then use the HP Printer Install Wizard to ensure you have all of the necessary software for your B109n; HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.

If this does not resolve the issue please let me know and we will work towards a solution, thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

thanks Sunshyn2005 I had to use safe mode to delete all the previous installation and then downloaded the latest driver and it installed perfectly. Thanks again. cheers Howard

HP Recommended

when I connect power the fan runs for about 20 seconds then stops there is a light in the power button and the wireless key [F12] but nothing happens on screen there are no beeps etc. I have tried an external monitor but nothing happens on that. I have removed both ram modules and nothing happens. I have removed the hard drive and disconnected the cmos battery but nothing gets a response. Is there anything else I can check before scrapping this windows 7 laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.