MellMax Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

blinking red light won't clear after resolving paper jam

HP Laserjet Pro 1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was printing a document and made the mistake of trying to add paper while it was printing.  Of course that made it stop in process of the sheet exiting on the top of the printer with about 1/2 of the sheet still inside the output area.  I took all the paper from the tray and straightened it, reloaded the paper and then gently pulled the sheet from the top without opening up the top or removing the toner cartridge.  I think I might have pressed on the button with the X on it a couple times trying to clear the red light as I couldn't find the manual at the moment.  I have shut it off with the power button on the front and unplugged the power cord.  Nothing seems to clear the flashing red light.  I have also removed the toner cartridge and all the paper.  Still no luck.  I would appreciate any assistance from this group on how to get the red flashing alert light to go out and get the printer back working again.  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Professor Professor
Professor
2385 154 278
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

blinking red light won't clear after resolving paper jam

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.Just for information some technical information is protected by HP and is not allowed to be answered.This is unfortunate and you will have to contact a HP repair shop for the help in this case.Maybe open all doors that you can.Even the back door.Make sure that there is not a piece of paper stuck.Then close all the doors and retry.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation