Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP color laserjet 5550 DTN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My color laserjet 5550 is printing color images green. All cartridges and test print however look o.k.  Black&White text prints are o.k. Did try a cold reset, printing from different computers and firmware upgrade. Any help would be grate since I am puzzled.

Regards Terry

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Have you tried a different Driver?

PostScript would be my first choice.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Three questions:

1. OEM or 3rd party cartridges?

2. Have you tried printing from a different application, some photo programs play nicer than others

3. Can you post the PQ sheets and a sample of your bad print?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,
I use 3rd party cartridges which worked very well for years. Suddenly the prints became greenish since a few months ago.
It doesn't matter which application I use.
See attached a sample of a printfile and the result of it. Also attached some prints of test documents. They look okay.

I've tried diferent drivers.print resultprint resultcolor test printcolor test printcolor test print 2color test print 2oringinal printfileoringinal printfile

HP Recommended

Its been a while but...

The colors on the config page look dark to me...

I suspect the aftermarket Toner Cartridges.

You could adjust the color density settings lower in the Embedded Web Server, they are all currently set to defaults.

Aftermarket toner does not calibrate quite the same way as OEM, it has to do with particle shape, HP Toner Particles are round, aftermarket is like sand, (grown versus ground particles).

If you Google: laserjet config page

Then select "Images" you can find some 46X0 and 55X0 pages and see how dark the color stripes and boxes are supposed to be.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I agree, the colors are super saturated, especially the yellow. Have you tried printing from a different program to isolate hardware front software issues? You may have used aftermarket for years but I can tell you from experience that quality control in aftermarket is not perfect and toner batches can vary wildly. If you look at the config page the row of varying shaded blocks do not show proper gradation. The first 2 squares are almost identical and what should be the lightest square is nearly blank. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried your suggestion in changing the color densities on the printer. It does make a lot of difference indeed. I found out the best quality to be yellow and cyan to -5 and black and magenta to +3. Still not perfect however since grey tones are still missing some black undertone but much better then before.

Do you think aftermarket toner become less of quality when they get older? They were okay in the beginning.

I am hesitating to buy 4 original HP cartridges since  I'm still not sure that would solve the issue.

Mant thanks for your help and sorry for my late reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.