Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
color laserjet pro MFP M477fdw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I bought a color laserjet pro MFP M477fdw around 2 months ago and from the beginning every print needs very long time to come out. For PDFs around 10 minutes and for pictures directly from Photoshop or Preview it takes sometimes more then 20 minutes. It seems the computer is sending every pixel separate to the printer. Printer response never before 5-7 minutes after clicking print button.
I am not printing much, but every time I do it is so annoying.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

It is only a stupid fix, but if you power the printer OFF and ON, the document will probably print.

Until the next time it delays.

HP Recommended

Thank you for that suggestion. This helps sometimes but not always. A sustainable fix would be good. It might be the driver. I always had good experiences with HP but I am not very happy with this purchase.

HP Recommended

I am having this same problem. Driving me nuts! Any suggestions??? 

HP Recommended

Has anyone had any luck fixing this issue?  My printer is doing the same thing - it takes about 4 hours to print 60 single sided pages!

HP Recommended

No luck so far. Turning off and on works for once, but is not a satisfying and sustainable solution.

HP Recommended

I recently purchased a HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fdw and my printer takes forever to print. I am getting ready to send back. Does anybody have the fix for this problem? Would appreciate. Thanks

HP Recommended

We're having the same issue here.  Simple PDF's are taking way too long to print.  Looking for a fix/recommendation.  Please advise.

HP Recommended

Why when you scan on MFP M477fdw the image is not centered? Very aggravating.

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same problem. Powerpoint presentations, PDFs and sometimes Excel takes too long to print.

Hope HP can do something for us!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.