Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
hp envy 4520

change settings?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @RMWilliams

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

1. What settings are you looking to change?
  2. Are you trying change on the printer screen or on the device connected to the printer?
  3. What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?
  4. How is the printer connected to the device USB or wireless? 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

hi i have a hp envy 4520 all in one printer

my ink cartridges are set to default print quality? how do i change this? my firmware is up to date and i have gen. hp ink carts. installed. i also have instant ink, web services and levels are good.

HP Recommended

If your using a windows os-

Check the print settings for your print job in Windows 10, 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

1. In the software application you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.

2. Open the Properties dialog box.

Depending on the software application, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:

• Paper Type: If you are printing on photo paper, select the type of photo paper you are attempting to print on.

• Print Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality. These options typically include Best, Normal, and Draft modes.

• Paper Size: If you are printing on a different size of paper than you normally print on, select the correct paper size.

• Black and White: If you want to print in black and white only, select the grayscale option.

4. After selecting the print settings, click OK to apply the settings, and then click Print.

Refer to Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

If your using a Mac os-

Check the print settings for your print job when using a Mac computer.

1. Open a document, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.

2. Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality menu.

3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:

• Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.

• Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality.

To save your settings for future print jobs, select Save in the Presets menu, and then name the new preset.

Refer -HP Printers - Print Settings Guide (Mac)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

I'm using windows, l replaced the cartridges with new now the warning flashes every now and again saying: ink cartridges are set to default. Changing the preferences/properties does not help l also tried a  factory reset no luck with that either 😳

HP Recommended

@RMWilliams

If the new ink cartridges are not properly aligned, you may see this message on the printer screen.

Align the printer from the printer control panel, then evaluate the results.

1. Reinstall the ink cartridges.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, then touch Align Printer.

An alignment page prints.

5. Wait for the alignment page to fully eject from the printer.

NOTE: Before a print job, the printer automatically extends the output tray extender. Do not push in the output tray extender until the print job is complete.
  6. Lift the scanner lid.

7. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

Image: Placing the alignment page on the scanner glass

8. Close the scanner lid, then touch OK

The printer aligns the ink cartridges.

9. Restart the printer and check for the error.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.