Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

do not admin webpage password

laserjet pro m102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

I tried the username and password you gave, it does not work with combinations like these:

-. username : ADMIN, pass: BLANK

-. username: admin, pass: blank

-. username: ADMIN, pass: blank

-. username: admin, pass: BLANK

-. username: ADMIN, pass -> I leave it blank

-. username: admin, pass -> I leave it blank

I got this message at the below.

"http://npida4dc6.local. is requesting your username and password. The site says: “HP LaserJet device (password only, no username required)@NPIDA4DC6”

And then, I tried to insert the password only, it also does not work.

Please help me. BTW is there anyway to reset it?

2 REPLIES 2
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1269 1265 120 228
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Follow the NVRAM reset instructions below, select the control panel that matches. Please onte that this will clear all your settings.

m102 nvram.jpg

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
MT2019 Tutor
Tutor
19 18 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Repairatrooper - I have the same problem. Set up a password (at least I think I must have) but cannot remember it. Now, as i'm having issues printing from other machines I feel the best course of action is to do a FULL reset and take it back to the factory state.

All guides seem to direct me to 192.168.223.1 and into the system tab - there i'm prompted for a username and password that I do not know.

I've tried, from your steps posted, holdig the resume/cancel button for 50seconds and more - that prints out a sheet sometimes

ERROR REPORT

No data in NVRAM Debug File

I then connect to the printer's wifi spot, go onto 192.168.223.1 and am still asked for a password.

Can you help? You've suggested previously that I look on Youtube for help but I find nothing on there.

The printer is M102w - firmware as bought at version 20170710

Thank you

Follo

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation