Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro M15W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

It started with mismatched paper error, so I followed the instructions and downloaded new firmware.  Then printer was hung. tried unplugging both power and USB cable.  Now the power light and error light are flashing and I can't get them to go out.  I've disconnected and reconnected cables, rebooted, reinstalled drivers, all to no solution.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Phil_GPI

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is the carriage moving freely?

Check if there is any jam in the printer.

Make sure all the parts are seated properly.

If the carriage is not moving try moving the carriage manually.

Then, I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Carriage is moving properly and there are no paper jams.

Parts are seated properly as best I can tell as it was working fine and wasnt' moved.

I followed your instructions (which were similar to what I had already done) and left the unit unpowered and unconnected for 3 hours.  Upon reconnection to power (wall power, not a circuit protected power bar), I still have the same problem.

My staff had it on-site in November and complained of problems with the mismatched paper (and other things), so I brought it home and it worked fine for about a week and then the same problems started happening so I followed the troubleshooting recommendations from HP (install new firmaware, etc.).

Now, nothing works.

HP Recommended

@Phil_GPI

Appreciate your time and efforts!

Let's try updating the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-m14-m17-printer-series/16647043/model/16647063/...

Restart the printer.

If the issue persists, This could be a hardware issue with the printer.

I have sent you a private message, to contact HP Phone support for the service option that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I experienced the same problem then I power off and then turned on problem solved. Again seen the same and then uninstall and reinstalled and then fine. I don't know why I faced this problem as I bought it two days ago. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.