Raithbyboy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error message "add paper" when tray is full

Laser jet pro MFP M277dw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

The printer recently travelled in storage from Hong Kong where it worked perfectly well. It will now not let me print anything from tray 2 and keeps giving the error message add paper even though the tray is full. I have reset all the settings in paper setup but to no avail. One thing I have noticed though is that one side of the bar at the rear of the tray that lifts the paper to print had a little plastic clip missing and was bent. I have straightened it but it made no difference. Any suggestions before I pay money to HP!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,194 6,181 451 493
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Raithbyboy, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document 'Out of Paper' Error, Printer Does Not Pick Paper and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Raithbyboy
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tried your suggestion but did not solve the problem. Will not even print a single sheet. As suggested I will contact HP Support.

Many thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation