Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi all.

I really would appreciate some help on this.

I have had my F4580 all in one installed on my Samsung laptop for at least a couple of years and when I went to use it the other day it wouldn't respond and said it was offline. After some research the first thing to do was apparently uninstall the software and reinstall it. I did uninstall the software but when I dowloaded the driver and software package from the HP site I found that it will not install. It does start the installer but then either hangs while applying updates or just disappears off the screen!

I have tried the print and scan doctor and hp diagnostics programs and neither of them have been sucsessful either.

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

By Trouble shooter do you mean you ran the HP print scan doctor?

if you have not then pls try running it

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-123407-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the Operating System on the computer?

Heres a link to the full feature S/W for windows

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-73705-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

download it and save it on your desktop first

also go to program and features/add or remove programs and check for any HP printer S/W already there

if you find any uninstall or remove it, then restart the comp

Go to adobe.com and install or update to the latest flash player.

Then

Start>Run>msiexec /unregister>ok

Start>Run>msiexec /regserver>ok

Double click on the downloaded file on the desktop and start the installation.

Hope this helps

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for your suggestions. 

Unfortunately it hasn't worked. 

My laptop is running Windows 7 32bit home premium. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

are you getting any kind of errors while installation?

please elobrate a little on the issue and i'll try to help.

HP Recommended

I do appreciate your help but as I said above sometimes the installer just hangs and doesn't proceed with the installation and will sit like that for hours unless the computer is switched off or the progress window will just close with no error logs or anything. 

I have also tried to install it in safe mode and it will just hang and not proceed. 

HP Recommended

I have borrowed a printer from a neighbour which also happens to be an hp and been able to download and install the latest software with no problems whatsoever so it appears that it's only the installer for my own printer that I have problems with. 

Does anyone have any further suggestions? 

HP Recommended

Hello Mabok. I understand you are having issues installing certain printer software. Here is some troubleshooting you can try:

1. Uninstall the software, perform a clean boot, then reinstall the software. Here is a document on how to do a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

2. If that doesn't work, go to Start. In the search bar type "%temp%" (without quotations) and hit Enter. This will open a folder of documents and programs. Please delete everything in that file. Some will not delete, so just skip those ones. After this, re-download the software and try again.

Please let me know if this resolved the issue or not. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Thank you for your suggestions.

I receive no error messages at all. The installer window opens and I click next on several permission pages the the installer reads - checking system, checking updates, downloading updates and then installing updates. At this point the installer window just disappears or very occasionally hangs and that's it.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try a reverse install(Reverse install means plugging in the device first), to do it please follow the given steps

1.  run the downloaded file and it will extract itself in the temp folder

(Start>Run>%temp%, here you will find a folder which start with 7Zxxxx copy and paste this on the desktop)

2.restart the comp.

3. Start>Run>services.msc> check if print spooler service is started and automatic

4.Plug in the USB cable it will try to look for the drivers automatically if it finds them then it will first install the drivers and then the S/W... in case if it doesnt find the drivers then you can browse and point the 7Zxxx folder pasted on the desktop.

(In most cases if it doesnt find the drivers it will come up with a window and ask for the path, if not then you will have to go to the device manager and update it and point to the driver location)

HP Recommended
I finally seem to be getting somewhere. But.

I have got an icon in devices and hardware with a lovely green tick on it however it will not print. When I try to print the job seems to get stuck. Running the troubleshooter brings up the error :- a print job in the queue is preventing other print jobs from printing Fixed. However the print job doesn't leave the printer and the connect option is greyed out in the print status box.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.