Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Try what JamesTaylorFL posted above. It seems to have worked for mine...at least it isn't constantly rebooting then locking up with error 79!

HP Recommended

Mine would only work with the USB, and would go into perpetual reboot, error 79 when I turned on wireless and connected to my network. What JamesTaylorFL posted seems to have worked for me. Definitely worth a shot. Just make sure to turn your printer wireless off (I had to turn on the printer, quickly access the Service menu, reset to factory defaults so that it turned off wireless, then proceeded with the stems JamesTaylorFL posted. Worked, and didn't need to find any sketchy old firmware downloads from the interwebs. Was a quick fix!

HP Recommended

Did anyone see how to resolve I am having the same issue. 

HP Recommended

Seems disabling IPv6 will fix the error (see below)

Disconnect the printer from the NETWORK
--If on wired network : Unplug the Ethernet cable from back of the printer.
--If on wireless network : Power off the Wireless router. Turn off the printer.

Wait for 30 seconds. Turn on the printer.

If the printer is in READY state, on the printer front panel, go to Setup -> Network Setup -> Network Services -> IPv6 -> Off. Turn off the printer.

Re enable your network router

Wait for 30 seconds and then turn printer on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.