Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Example: HP m127 fw

I have just bought a second hand printer but it still lists their name and info for wi-fi and fax  connections, how do I delete that ?

I've tried all of the HP suggestions to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well we can give it a shot. So turn the printer off . Wait about 10 seconds and turn the machine on. As soon as you see a gray bar ,put your thumb on the lower left hand corner of the screen. You should see that bar going from left to right stop and the printer will say 

Perm.intialize. than it should restart and you will have a printer like it was brand new . You will have to set it all up from scratch. There are prompts to help you with faxing and scan to email. 

A side note . You may have to do the thumb thing more than once . You literally have like a 2 sec. Window to get it..just shut it off and do it all over again with your thumb. Hopefully that works for you  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your best best maybe to wipe the machine and start over. Do yiu know how to do that ?

HP Recommended

No I don't know how to wipe the printer, but I did try to reset the printer, and restore it to original defaults.

I am not a computer savvy person so  I have to stick to  simple  instructions, .

however I did manage to finally get  my wireless

connection to my  internet provider .Could you  walk me through any suggested remedies ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Well we can give it a shot. So turn the printer off . Wait about 10 seconds and turn the machine on. As soon as you see a gray bar ,put your thumb on the lower left hand corner of the screen. You should see that bar going from left to right stop and the printer will say 

Perm.intialize. than it should restart and you will have a printer like it was brand new . You will have to set it all up from scratch. There are prompts to help you with faxing and scan to email. 

A side note . You may have to do the thumb thing more than once . You literally have like a 2 sec. Window to get it..just shut it off and do it all over again with your thumb. Hopefully that works for you  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.