Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
1212nf MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 1212nf multi-function printer has all three LEDs lit on control panel and doesn't seem to even start to initialize when powered on. I have tried troubleshooting measures offered to other forum folks who have had this symptom over the years: disconnecting all power, waiting several minutes, then reconnecting to power. I've tried this 3 times. No change. I think I may need to do a hard reset. Can you offer any help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kmarg

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

We could try an NVRAM Reset.

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

Thanks so much for your assistance. Unfortunately, the NVRAM Reset seems to have failed to happen. I tried 3 times, but after holding the prescribed buttons down for more than a minute each time, nothing changed. The three lights remain lit. The screen remains blank - nothing ever appears there. The printer spins up briefly when power is applied, then everything seems to stop, except the three lights. Do you have any other ideas, or should I prepare myself for bad news? 🙂 

Thanks again for your help!

HP Recommended

@Kmarg

Thanks for keeping me posted

Since the issue persists after attempting the Semi Full Reset, I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.