Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (79 Views)

hp M477fnw color laserjet pro Jam in Output BIN message won't go away

Product Name: hp M477fnw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot get rid of the messaage to open the rear door and clear a paper jam -- there is no paper jam.  A piece of paper had failed to feed; I pulled it through to the front and no missing pieces, but now it says to open the back door and clear the jam in output bin.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: hp M477fnw color laserjet pro Jam in Output BIN message won't go away

Hi @Sandymom,

Try to move the output bin flap up and down several times. It is that flap from where the page comes from when the printer has printed the page. Turn off and then on and see if that removes the message. If it doesn't then the output bin tray sensor must be serviced, probably got out of position.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Printer Engineer

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (54 Views)

Re: hp M477fnw color laserjet pro Jam in Output BIN message won't go away

I have moved around everything that is "moveable."  What/where is the output bin -- I can't find a picture, and it seems like that should be at the front.  The jam says to open the back of the printer.  Can't see anything and all seems to look OK but still getting this message.  Have turned off power and turned it bak on (unhooked for 30 minutes), still no change.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation