Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet 3600n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Universal Print Drivers Solved Issue with HP 3600 drivers for Win 10

THIS IS A POST FOR ANYONE TRYING TO GET THEIR HP 3600 LASER PRINTER TO WORK IN WIN 10

I have been trying to get my HP color laserjet 3600n to work with Win 10 with no luck.  I downloaded the Vista drivers and followed the steps - several times.  Very frustrating - this method only let my PC see the printer but in an off line state.

HERE IS HOW THE PROBLEMS WAS RESOLVED:  I downloaded HP Universal Drivers (One versatile print driver for your PC or Laptop) - This worked like a charm first time. I can print on my laser printer again.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP UNIVERSAL PRINT DRIVERS SOLVED MY ISSUES WITH HP 3600 LASER PRINTER DRIVERS FOR WIN 10.

HP Recommended

Would someone walk me through the steps to acquire the driver workaround that will allow me to use my HP 3600n color laserjet printer with Windows 10 ?

I tried following the steps listed on the HP software support page and was not able to get it to work.  The Windows Visata driver didn't work.   If the HP Universal Drivers is the driver I need, please give me directions on how to find this particular driver.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the universal driver different than the Universal DOT 4 driver ?  When I downloaded this one it did not work.  I also tried the WIN 7 driver, and the Vista driver, and could get nothing to work.  Do you know if / when  a full software package for Windows 10 will ever be available for the HP3600n laser printer ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.