Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bartkeppens
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp color laserjet pro mfp m477fdw - scan to email - invalid username and password message

hp color laserjet pro mfp m477fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

get invalid username and password message when trying to scan to email although no changes were made to setup. Created new login password, configured it via HP easy advanced settings, but it fails at test, whatever I do...

I had this problem once before, and I ended up creating a new mailbox all together, and reconfigured entire printer after having performed a reset....

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
26,391 26,115 4,659 10,260
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp color laserjet pro mfp m477fdw - scan to email - invalid username and password message

Could you please let us know what email service you are using? it may be related with your email account security settings.

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
bartkeppens
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I created a separate mailbox and configured it following the settings provided by my ISP Proximus.  All worked fine until about a week ago, then all of a sudden it stopped working. I had this problem once before, and I ended up deleting the mailbox and creating a new one. No idea why all of a sudden it does not work anymore as nothing was changed to the configuration.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation