Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi MeesterStewart,

Check out the following documents below, and let me know if you still have the issue?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02130018

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02200770

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

The first one is the video I watched. Already followed all of the steps, no go.

The second is irrelevant. A carriage jam error doesn't display. When I try to print an error report it won't respond. The only button on the printer that makes it respond is the scan button, and then it tells me "Scan Error. Try scanfrom computer."

The printer, upon starting up, appears to be functioning normally, but it is attempting to move paper through the printer. There isn't any in the mechanism, I checked the input, the port beneath the printer, and the carriage door as the first video told me to, but for some reason the printer is detecting a paper jam. When I click ok to try to get the printer to continue operating, it doesn't respond.

Would you mind telling me what you think the problem is, instead of referring me to tech support documents? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi MeesterStewart,

It appears that you are having a hardware failure with the printer. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

My printer is less than 6 months old and I am having the same problem, with that error code and saying paper jam, but mine won't shut off without unplugging it. This one makes he rethink purchasing HP again, Time to move on to another brand.

HP Recommended

Hi mhoney6943,

Remove the cartridges, and then turn off the unit for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove all cables from the printer, and then plug just the power cable back into the printer. Make sure that you have the power plugged directly into the wall outlet. Let me know if you still get the message with the cartridges removed?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

@pcwizard wrote:

Hi MeesterStewart,

It appears that you are having a hardware failure with the printer.

Thanks for this.
I am following this thread with exactly the same problem, less than a week after purchase.  The technical staff at the store has never heard of this error message.  They were saying it's because I use the wrong paper, even though the error message displays when there's no paper in the machine. 

I think your conclusion of 'hardware failure' is more like it.

Thanks to your post they were convinced the hardware was defective. and I persuaded them to replace it with an entirely new machine.

'Hardware' in this case applies to both the printer and the cartridges, so I insisted the cartridges be replaced with new, also.  Perhaps the error messages should be more specific, so it could be determined if it's an 'out-of-spec' paper sensor, a bad cartridge, or whatever? 

Seems it's HP-Portugal's policy put the old cartridges back into the new machine.  If the failing 'hardware' is something in the cartridge, this would seem to be a bad idea. 

HP Recommended

On 04-23-2012 10:04 AM, @MeesterStewart wrote:

Would you mind telling me what you think the problem is ...? Thanks.

I am beginning to suspect that "0x805d0700" simply means the printer's firmware has crashed, and nothing more.  It would be interesting to learn if this is, in fact, the case. 

Suggestion to HP:  if this is true, a firmware update for the 3050a would resolve a lot of customer unhappiness (and HP-bashing!)   Surely the firmware could be patched to give a more useful error message, instead of simply locking-up the machine?  HP programmers, are you listening??

If there is a firmware update, please reply on this thread.  So far, I've found no mention that there is, or how a user may install it.

HP Recommended

Hi RonCam,

It appears that you are having a hardware failure with the printer. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

In response to your kind invitation that I may pursue the problem by calling HP, I'll quote from a few posts earlier:
On 06-26-2012 01:13 AM, @RonCam wrote:

Thanks to your post they were convinced the hardware was defective. and I persuaded them to replace it with an entirely new machine.
Thanks much, but it won't be necessary to call the company.  At least I hope it won't be.  The store (FNAC) has a policy of replacing any defective merchandise during the first 30 days. 

Thanks to your previous post, they agreed that this printer falls into that category, since its firmware began to crash less than a week after the machine left the store. The tech support manager agreed there's no way a properly operating machine should present the user with an undecipherable error code, and then lock itself up. 

There was an issue of HP-Portugal's wanting the store to put some of the hardware (the cartridges) from a presumably defective unit back into the new one. 

I showed the techical staff your post, where you're advising a user to remove the cartridges as a diagnostic step.  While you gave no details on why such a suggestion may be given, to me (and eventually, to the store's tech staff) it can only mean you believe there could be some interaction between the hardware in the printer and the hardware inside the cartridge. 

From your response to my speculation that this error code's so non-specific to be of absolutely no use in diagnosing the reason for the crash -- I can only assume my suspicion is correct.  Please forward a suggestion to the right folks at HP that there's room for improvement here.  If this had been resolved, this entire thread would not exist ...

HP Recommended

PCWizard, did I misunderstand? Is the customer in a better situation to register the complaint?  I thought as an HP employee, you'd have the 'inside track' to making product improvement and quality-control suggestions? I'm trying to figure out why you suggested I should call HP, after I wrote that the store exchanged the defective unit for a new one.  If it would help, I'll be glad to do this. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.