Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is the 2nd HP printer that I have purchased that has had a major problem. I used this printer two times and the 3rd time I got a paper jam error. I have followed every thing that HP has sent me to try to correct the problem to no avail. Now the unit will not even turn off without unplugging it.  The printer is out of warranty, which of course is how my luck goes. Even though I do not use it very often, I would still like for it to work when I do need it. This is the last HP product I will ever buy, their quality has gone down hill.

HP Recommended

Hi mhoney6943,

Follow the steps in the document below. Let me know what you find out?

'Out of Paper' Error Message and the Printer Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I GOT THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE ON MY PRINTER TODAY AFTER WEEKS WONDERING WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT AS IT WOULD NOT PRINT FROM THE PC. I WANTED TO PRINT A 13 PAGE DOCUMENT THIS MORNING AND WAS DETERMINED TO FIGURE IT OUT. AFTER MANY ATTEMPTS WITH THE TROUBLE SHOOTER I GOT THE ABOVE ERROR MESSAGE, THE FIRST TIME IT HAS EVER APPEARED! I THEN DID A SEARCH ON LINE WITH THE NUMBER AND CAME TO THIS PAGE. WHEN I READ THE PART ABOUT CHECKING LEADS AND PLUGS  I THOUGHT 'OH NOT AGAIN, BEEN THERE DONE THAT!'  THEN I READ FURTHER ABOUT SWITCHES???? AND A LIGHT WENT ON... I HAVE TWO SWITCHES AT THE ENTRANCE TO MY STUDY THAT I HAVE NEVER USED UNTIL RECENTLY. I HAD A CEILING FAN INSTALLED AND I KEEP USING THE WRONG SWITCH TO TURN IT ON..NEED I SAY MORE? I SWITCHED THE OTHER SWITCH NOT USED FOR THE CEILING FAN, PUSHED IT INTO THE DOWN POSITION AND LOW AND BEHOLD, THE PRINTER STARTED PRINTING!

THANK YOU !

HP Recommended

Hi BING28,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

this printer is terrible. I regret every day to had bought it 

essa impressora é um lixo. me arrependo todos os dias de te-la comprado

agora está dando esse erro.

estou indignada porque tinham prometido troca-la, mas no dia que ligaram a porcaria funcionou. agora, que a garantia venceu... duvido que troquem. mas o que eu queria mesmo é o meu dinheiro de volta. 

HP NUNCA MAIS

HP NEVER MORE

HP Recommended

Oi rosana,

Confira a solução para essa mensagem de erro na Mensagem 11 . Você pode também visitar os fóruns de português no link abaixo.

http://h30487.www3.hp.com/

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

hola me salio este codigo de error en mi impresora hp y no se a que se refiere 

HP Recommended

Hi raul_miranda123,

Confira a solução para essa mensagem de erro na Mensagem 11 . Você pode também visitar os fóruns de português no link abaixo.

http://h30487.www3.hp.com/

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

It works. after having taken the cartridges out and keeping the machine off for two minutes, the printer is ok again.

thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.