Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp m281fdw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am having a continuing issue since I purchased this printer in 2018 (2021 now). I print our office envelopes (#10 from Staples) in house and I will constantly get a "Jam" error when printing from tray #1. It is super frustrating because it will happen continuously for 6-7 times or more and then all of a sudden it will work. When it starts working it will operate normal for various amounts of time. Sometimes I can get through the day without it jamming again, other times it will print 2-3 fine and then jam. When I remove the jam the envelope is literally just sitting in the tray a few inches in from where it was put in. My thinking is that there is a wheel or something not functioning in there properly to pull the envelope reliably through the course of printing. I like this printer and having this feature is necessary, if it cant be fixed I will have to switch brands. : (

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I also meant to mention that I checked for updates and there are no updates at this time for the printer. Also I tried printing from Tray 2 and it says it is printing, then switches to "cleaning", spits out an envelope, which is blank, and the process continues... SOMEONE please help with this before I take a bat to this machine!!!

HP Recommended

@WPRprint, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset, and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.