Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I'm trying to use my hp office jet pro 8620 to print from microsoft word 2010 on #9 envelopes for a fundraising project for the non-profit for which I work. I keep getting an error that says paper size mismatch because even though I enter a custom paper size it defaults to #10 envelopes. Is there a way to override the paper size mismatch error any print anyway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi akilpat, and thanks for getting back to me!

The #9 envelope isn't showing in the specs as a supported paper type.  The supported envelopes are #10, Monarch and 5.5 bar.

I would, however, suggest utilize this document as a workaround:

Create Custom Paper Sizes in Windows 7

Please keep me posted!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @akilpat , and welcome to the HP Forums!

I can see you're experiencing envelope issues.  I would like to try and help!

Before we get started, I could use a little info. 

I am linking a few HP Support documents below that will show you how to find which operating system you are using. Also, if you're using Windows, please include whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please let me know.  Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I'm running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit

HP Recommended

Hi akilpat, and thanks for getting back to me!

The #9 envelope isn't showing in the specs as a supported paper type.  The supported envelopes are #10, Monarch and 5.5 bar.

I would, however, suggest utilize this document as a workaround:

Create Custom Paper Sizes in Windows 7

Please keep me posted!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Awesome, thanks!

HP Recommended

Jamieson, I have a similar problem. I'm attempting to print 8.5 wide and 4.5 tall envelops on an HP Officejet Pro 8620 and get a message that there is a mismatch in size, even though i have defined the custom size in MS Word.

I'm running Windows 10.

Do I follow the same procedures that you've outlined for Windows 7? If not, can you direct me to the proper procedure? 

Thanks in advance,

Tom

HP Recommended

I followed the work around and when I got the Advanced Options screen to change the paper size, my custom size was not there. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.